Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Random Mumblings and Grumblings

Sitting in my room with nothing to do other than blog on a Tuesday night is no uncommon thing; however, I have decided tonight I will actually release my thoughts to the web in a compilation of thoughts and things that no one ever saw coming:

-I cannot help but wonder what happened to all the kids in Willy Wonka after their traumatic experiences.  Augustus was sucked through the chocolate, Veruca feel into the incinerator, Violet was rolled out whilst expanding into a very pop-able blueberry, and Mike was shrunk to the size of the average WNBA player.  The tales of what occurred following these certainly traumatizing events were never reported.  I mean clearly Wonka had the kids sign a waiver, so no law-suits were filed, but one must wonder how far had Wonka gone on the document?  I mean he probably just wrote on there somewhere "You cannot sue me".  In other words, Wonka was giving an extremely large and prevalent middle finger to all the parents present, especially seeing as how there is no way Veruca survived her run-in with the incinerator, no matter what the rating of the movie was.
The MPAA tells us "G"...I am relatively unconvinced
-When did Mike Brown suddenly become so football savvy?  Here he is sitting on a Quarterback who is near worthless, hasn't thrown on the pads since 2010-2011, and won't play.  So what does he do?  He refuses to trade the disgruntled Carson Palmer, and suddenly the Quarterback's stock soars.  The Colts show interest...Mike Brown says, "No".  Then the Oakland Raiders come knocking.  The Raiders are world renowned for destroying 1st overall picks, like the vaunted talent of JaMarcus Russell.  The Bengals received beyond what they could have dreamed of for Palmer.  A first round pick in 2012 and a possible 1st rounder in 2013 with a 2nd rounder guaranteed?  It's safe to say Al Davis just rolled over in his freshly packed grave.  Congrats, Oakland, you have made the worst trade in team history and given Cincinnati a little reason to think Mike Brown does care about our football team.

-I silently wonder to myself what is becoming of myself.  The world is moving a little too quick right now.  Who are my real friends?  What do I do to keep some and what do I do to keep others?  Is it still alright for me to just live as myself with no regrets?  Or does that only lead to people suspecting me of being a self-obsessed douche?  Does that matter though?  Hahaha, oh well, it looks like this is something I must allow to marinate a little longer.

-Adele's "Someone Like You" just came on my shuffle.  The song is so beautiful, it literally brings a tear to my heart's eye.  When did music become so important in my life?  Suddenly there is a song to fit every moment and every obstacle life seems to cast my way.  Songs give life a whole new outlook.  Things seem a little differently when you use a song to describe it.  The song "Fix You" by Coldplay has become so meaningful to me as I think of a relationship gone astray which meant so much to me for two years.  "When you love something and it goes to waste, could it be worse?"  I truly feel no, it couldn't.  As Coldplay will say in its other song "The Scientist", "No one ever said it would be this hard".  Or maybe another song lyric, "Life ain't always beautiful" or possibly even a little Hip-Hop/Rap with Kid Cudi's "All Along": "All along, I know I am meant to be alone...out here on my own".  Music is something everyone should enjoy because there is meaning for everyone in at least one song at any given time.

-I saw a picture of someone I used to be close friends with on Facebook.  I haven't talked to this person in quite a long time.  I s'pose it happens to people, losing friends as they move through life.  It is a shame that it does happen.  To continue with song lyrics, Sugarland would tell you, "Ain't no rhyme or reason, no complicated meaning...fact is, it happens".  I have to wonder, is it okay to post on this person's wall with a provoking post like, "Heyyy, miss you!  Wish we could hangout, see you on the flip side!" or is this a docuhey thing to do?  Does it matter if other people think it is douchey?  Does it matter that my other friends may not be so keen on hanging out with that person?  Dammit life, you have made me think again, what am I ever going to do with you?

-I am leading a Kairos in six days, that's something scary to think about.  My nerves crank up a little just thinking about it.  Even more excruciating is that I am the Rector.  Basically I am the leader of the leaders.  I have to make sure everything goes swimmingly.  It is a tough role to fill, but I'll f'ckn do it.  My worst fear is what the letters I receive will hold.  I was surprised by some of the letters I received the last time.  I expect similar people will write me letters this time around, but I wonder if someone else will decide to throw something my way.  We'll see what happens, I s'pose.  I pray that my speech goes well and that everyone takes the meaning from it that I would like them to.

-I am curious, what ever happened with the Libyans at the end of Back to the Future?  Did they just go home?  If so, were they a part of the recent uprisings?  Wouldn't their plutonium and such help them?

-Why didn't Darth Maul attack Obi Wan when he leaped at him at the end of Star Wars episode I?  Was Darth Maul really that stunned at a trained Jedi pulling off some wicked acrobatics?  Maybe the better question is why didn't Darth Maul just slice his fingers when he was holding onto the little tube in the never ending abyss?  Literally, just reach down?  Had Darth Maul never seen a big hole before?  Was it that enticing to sit there and swing his saber back and forth on the tube's edge?  I mean this guy had spent the better part of a half hour beating back the two best Jedi in the galaxy, but when only the younger, less experienced, more neophyte one is left, he freezes and decides to swing his weapon against the edge of a hole.  Darth Maul is easily the most badass person in the entire history of Star Wars, unfortunately Obi Wan found his only weakness..he enjoys making sparks on the edge of gigantic holes when he is about to finish off the heroes and ultimately win the entire war for the empire. 
Yipee!  Woo!  Sparks!! Yayay!!
-Finally, Coldplay releases Mylo Xyloto on October 24th.  Anyone that doesn't go out and buy a hard copy of the cd is a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment